Its that time of the week again – What I Ate Wednesday time over at Peas and Crayons! Big shout out to Jenn and all the other bloggers in the party!
This week’s dish is Homemade Oven ‘Fried’ Chicken Goujons – they are so healthy and crunchy you wont believe they are not deep fried.
Makes 10-12 goujons
- 2 Chicken breasts cut in to Goujons (5-6 per breast)
- 2 Heaped Tbsp of low fat natural yogurt
- 4 Rye crackers (I use ryvita)
- 1 Cup of cornflakes
- 2 Tsp of cajun seasoning
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Spray oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c
- Whizz the cornflakes up until very fine put in to a bowl then do the same with the rye crackers and mix together with the cornflakes
- Put the yogurt in to a bowl and add half a tsp of the cajun seasoning and mix well
- Add the garlic powder, the remainder of the cajun, paprika and salt and pepper to the cornflake mixture
- Dip each chicken goujon in to the yogurt mixture and with your other hand put it in to the cornflake mixture, coat well and place on to a plate.
- When all the goujons are coated spray a baking sheet with spray oil and add the goujons spray the goujons and cook in the oven for 10 minutes and turn. Cook for a further 10 minutes, until golden and crisp
- Serve with salad and dips of choice (sweet chilli mayo being ours)
- Cajun Chicken Quinoa Salad (queenbskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Chicken Breast (queenbskitchen.wordpress.com)