I have decided to re-name today, and every Tuesday from here on in, Taco Tuesday! Who doesn’t love tacos? Especially on a drab Tuesday… They are tasty, easy and best of all MESSY!
Mexican spiced pork with a hint of smokey barbeque (or barbecue / BBQ?) served in a crispy corn tortilla shell and topped with avocado. These are great for dinner parties as everyone gets stuck in and makes their own. They are also perfect for kids as they will love assembling. Gluten and wheat free too. Let’s get down to business……
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion – diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1lb / 500g pack lean pork mince
- 1 ¼ cup / 300ml passata
- 5 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 14oz / 400g can black beans – drained and rinsed
- Small bunch cilantro (coriander) – chopped
- 8 taco shells
- 1 ripe avocado – peeled and sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce – finely shredded
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sour cream and grated cheddar – to serve (optional)
- In a large frying pan add the oil and when hot add the onion. Add the spices and cook for one minute then add the pork ensuring to break up the mince so it separates, stir until cooked through (it will go white)
- Add the BBQ sauce and passata along with four tablespoons of water. Turn the heat up until the sauce starts to bubble and thickens slightly then add the beans. Stir through the cilantro.
- Heat the corn tortillas then fill with the pork and bean mixture top with shredded lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cheddar (if using) and spoon over some sour cream
If this doesn’t cheer you up on a Tuesday I don’t know what will. Tomorrow being Wednesday we will have a day of full eat’s ahead with some more new recipes.
What is your go to food when you’re feeling miserable?