With winter well and truly here it was time to start using the slow cooker once again! It is such an amazing appliance and I haven’t had any bad experience with slow cooking, ever! The meat is always so tender and juicy, the flavors have had time to really deepen and the sauce always reduces to a lovely consistency. It really is the only way to make a stew ~ Comfort food at its best!
This recipe is for Rosemary Pork Slider with spicy mustard and can be made in the summer also, I change the sauce and make a homemade BBQ sauce to put on the sliders. I use gluten-free sandwich / burger buns but feel free to use whole-grain ones if you aren’t gluten or wheat intolerant.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 ½ lbs.) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Wholegrain gluten-free sandwich buns (or whole grain / wheat ones if you can eat them)
- Spicy whole-grain mustard
- Rocket / green leaves – to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet / frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season the pork with pepper then add to the skillet.
3. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until browned then transfer to the slow cooker.
4. Stir together the water, chicken broth, onions, rosemary and garlic then pour into the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours until the pork is tender.
6. Remove the pork to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
7. Strain the cooking liquid through a mesh sieve and discard the solids.
8. Return the pork to the slow cooker with 1 cup of the cooking liquid and mix through.
9. Serve the pork hot on top of toasted buns with spicy mustard and some salad leaves.
Thanksgiving is just days away now! What are you plans and who is cooking in your family?
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here but shops have started to incorporate Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals which is great!!
I am cooking Christmas Dinner again this year and we have family coming over from England so it will be LOTS of fun! I cannot wait 🙂
Don’t forget to give me page on Facebook a ‘Like’ for all up to date recipes and general banter!