Mince Pie Crumbles
You guys are in for a real treat today as I am now going to share another one of my favorite holiday recipes.These are a twist on the traditional mince pies and I love them. The crunch from the crumble really complements the mincemeat filling. They’re easy to make too!
Makes: 16 pies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5oz unsalted butter – chilled and diced
- 1 and 2/3 cups gluten-free flour (I use brown rice flour as I love the crunch it gives but you can use plain white flour like doves farm) – plus a little extra for rolling
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Grated zest 1 orange
- 1 cup gluten-free mincemeat (I use luxury mincemeat)
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1oz unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375F / 180C
- To make the pastry place the butter and flour in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add in the icing sugar, orange zest and egg yolk until it becomes a dough. If it is still too dry add tablespoons of water until you get the correct consistency (do not add more than 3 tablespoons)
- Sprinkle some extra flour on your work surface and roll out the pastry. Cut in to sizes to fit your muffin tray by using a cutter or a glass works just as well.
- Top each pastry with 1 teaspoon of mince meat
- To make the crumble rub combine all the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle some over the top of each pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and golden brown. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to serving plates. Serve with whipped or pouring cream! Mmm mmm mmmmmm
What is your favorite Christmas / Thanksgiving Recipe??