Hello and welcome to my 15th edition of What I Ate Wednesday. I have missed a few weeks and I do apologize… 🙂
This weeks post has the recipe for my super easy pizza base – crispy and thin the way I like my pizza BUT also gluten-free YAY! It is very similar to my buckwheat naan bread recipe from Monday. Yes just THREE ingredient gluten-free pizza base 🙂 No cauliflower or eggs in sight 😀
- 1 cup / 140g buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
Sauce & Toppings
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- turkey salami
- low fat mozzarella – grated
- 1 red onion – sliced
- 1/2 yellow or red pepper – sliced
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil and water in to a soft-ish dough
- Roll between two sheets of parchment paper to 1cm thin and bake in a preheated oven on a pizza stone or baking sheet for 15 minutes
- To make the tomato sauce whizz tomatoes and tomato paste together, add the garlic and oregano and taste
- After the 15 minutes remove the pizza and top with sauce leaving a border around the edges about 1 inch thick
- Top with the vegetable, salami and cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it is golden and bubbling
How easy is that?! No sloppy pizza that has to be eaten with a knife and fork, it can be picked up the same way as ‘normal’ pizza. As you have guessed I am obsessed with buckwheat, it has a distinct but great flavor. More to come on my buckwheat obsession 🙂
Below is the rest of my WIAW…..
Breakfast: Buckwheat banana and hazelnut bread with raspberry jam
Lunch: Vegetable soup
Dinner: Buckwheat pizza – apologies for the photo it is awful!!
Linking up to Jenn over at Peas and Crayons !
What’s your favorite pizza toppings?
Are you obsessed with one ingredient at the moment?
What’s your go to ingredient for a quick dinner?