Sun-dried Tomato & Cheddar Spelt Bread
With December and my FIRST Christmas market stall outing fast approaching I have been cooking and baking quite a bit and not blogging as much, so please accept my apologies! I made 50 jars of my ‘Winter Spiced Apple Chutney’ on Saturday, the house was smelling divine from it. I made a batch two weeks ago and for taste testing purposes obviously we had to sample it with cheese and crackers, well I have to say it is so good. Its tangy yet sweet, warming and tasty…perfect for cheese boards, meat boards and as an accompaniment to pork ~ hell, its great with everything!
Here is the recipe for one of the breads I will have at my stall on Sunday 8th December in Gorey. It is Sun-dried tomato and cheddar spelt bread..so savoury but kinda sweet from the sun-dried tomatoes. You can of course add herbs to this bread too or make them in to savoury muffins (which I will be doing very soon!)
Makes one loaf
- 175g / 1 heaped cup Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 155g / 1 heaped cup Oats
- 60g / 1 heaped cup Wheat Bran
- 60g / 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (I like mature cheddar)
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 360ml / 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Pre-heat Oven to 200c / 400f and spray your bread tin with spray oil
- Mix the spelt flour, oats, wheat bran and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl so it is all combined
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and cheddar
- Add Buttermilk and mix to make sure all the ingredients are wet (this is a wet mixture) Add more buttermilk if it’s too dry
- Put the mixture in to pre-sprayed and bake in the middle of your oven for 45-50 minutes, I always check at around 45 minutes as all ovens are different. The bread is done when you can knock the bottom and you get a hollow sound
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting
A few questions for you guys….
Are any of you going to have a stall at Christmas markets this year or have done previously?
Any advice for my Christmas Stall?
Have you started Christmas Shopping? Eeeek
- olive and sundried tomato farinata: vegan, gluten free (itcomesnaturallyblog.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-free sundried tomato bread (deliciousdessertsrecipes.com)
- Banana and Walnut Spelt Bread (queenbskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Meatloaf With Sundried Tomatoes (theepochtimes.com)
- Stop Loafing Around: 30 Great Homemade Bread Recipes (brit.co)
- Zucchini and Apple Bread (aniebeewellness.com)