Cookies…..ahhh who doesn’t love them? I had an idea of how I wanted to make them and had a look at recipes to see the variations out there. The first ones I made were inspired by a recipe I saw on London Bakes, recipe —> Here
These turned out so chewy and crunchy and very VERY moreish!
- 200g (1 cup) Almond Butter (See note)
- 180g (1 cup) Demerara Sugar
- 1 Egg – slightly beaten
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
Note: To make the almond butter I put a 200g bag of ground almonds in to my little food processor. Keep pulsing on high-speed. The motor will get hot (well mine did) so turn it off and give it a rest to cool after a few minutes. It took me 15 minutes in total to make the butter. If you can buy natural almond butter in your area feel free to do so.
- Pre-heat oven to 180’c
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined
- Taking tablespoons of the mixture roll in to small balls in your hands and place on the baking trays making sure to leave enough space between each ball as they will spread out when cooking
- Push the balls down gently with your fingers
- Bake for 10 minutes switching the trays around half way through for even cooking
- The edges should be brown after the 10 minutes. Leave in the baking trays for another 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cook
Whats your favourite cookie?