Following on from my WIAW post from yesterday here is the recipe for what I must say are the most delicious chicken burgers EVER! The Brie melting in the center and the addition of mustard mayo just makes them über tasty! Self praise is no praise and all that but they really are so good! 😀 😉
I made 3 large burgers but you would easily get 4 burgers from this mixture. I served mine with a lettuce bun, mustard mayo, tomato and onion. The hubby had all of that but in a wholemeal bap. New to this recipe is the calorie count, as requested by one of my Facebook Fans – your wish is my command Ava 😉
Please make sure you remove all visible fat and sinus off the chicken, this really is one of my pet hates!
- 2 Chicken Breasts 7-8oz or 400g minced chicken
- 1/4 of a hot chilli
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 30g of Brie
- 1 scallion (spring onion)
- 1 Tsp of Paprika
- Spray oil
- Tablespoon of fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of almond flour
- 1 Tbsp of reduced fat mayo
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- Half a little Gem Lettuce (or whatever lettuce you prefer)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion Slices
- Pre-heat Oven to 180c and put in a cooking tray
- Mince the chicken in pulses in your food processor if using breasts, don’t mince too much as they will go to mush…a few pulses should do it.
- In a bowl add the chicken mince, scallion, chilli, paprika, garlic powder, parsley, egg white and almond flour
- Shape the mixture in to burgers
- Cut the brie in to 4 pieces if making 4 burgers (3 if making 3 burgers etc) Put the brie in to centre of the burger and cover with the mixture and shape back in to a burger
- Spray your frying pan (I used my new stirfry pan! as I couldn’t wait to use it how sad is that?! ) with spray oil Once heated up fry the burgers until browned on both sides ,3-4 minutes each side
- Place the burgers on the preheated tray and finish cooking in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your burgers
- Make the mustard mayo by adding the mayo and mustard together,put a dollop of mustard mayo, sliced tomatoes and onions on the lettuce, top with the burger and dig in!
I topped with more onions, ketchup and another lettuce leaf so I could pick it up as a burger.
Here’s a pic of mine
And the hubbys 🙂
- 177 with the lettuce bun (4 burgers)
- 202 with lettuce bun (3 burgers)
- Add 152 calories if using the Wholemeal Bap
Let me know your thoughts?
Whats your all time favourite Burger?