These chicken skewers are so simple and really are so much nicer than anything you would buy out of a packet. Let the chicken marinade for as long as you possibly can, overnight would be great but I know this doesnt suit busy people. As long as the chicken has at least 2 hours in the marinade it will tenderize and flavour the chicken brilliantly.
These are also great for the Summer BBQs! You can change the veggies on the skewers to whatever suits you personally. I love the peppers, onions and cherry tomato combination. The meat can be changed also, King Prawns would work great.
- 2 Tbsp of low fat natural yogurt
- Tsp paprika
- Tsp turmeric
- Tbsp Lemon juice
- Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Chicken Breasts, trimmed and cut in to large chunks
- 1 Red onion halved then quartered (I also had 3 baby onions from our vegetable patch I used)
- 1/4 Red Pepper, cut in to large pieces
- 1/4 Yellow Pepper, cut in to large pieces
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- Spray Oil
- 4 long wooden skewers soaked in water for at least half an hour
Mix the marinade ingredients together and add the Chicken Chunks, marinade for as long as possible
Pierce the veggies and chicken on to the skewers.
Put tinfoil on to a baking tray and spay with oil, place the skewers on the foil and spray with oil also
Cook under a preheated grill for 15-20 minutes turning occasionally
Serve with homemade oven cooked potato wedges or a tossed salad or both
Perfect Chicken Skewers!